The Hertie School of Governance in Berlin prepares exceptional students for leadership positions in government, business, and civil society. The School also offers experienced professionals the opportunity to deepen their skills in the field of public management. A renowned international faculty with expertise in economics, business, law, political and social science take an interdisciplinary, policy-orientated approach to the School’s teaching and research agenda. The Hertie School is an international centre, with a variety of first-rate academic projects and a diverse student body. The School actively engages in public debate with its wide range of events bringing together experts from academia and the world of practice. The School was founded in 2003 of the Hertie Foundation, which remains the major partner.
The Hertie School of Governance seeks to fill the following position:
- Conducting case study based empirical research in the areas of collaborative public management and public sector innovation
- Liaising with public sector organisations in Germany for data collection purposes
- Collecting and analysing data, and communicating about the findings in workshops and at conferences
- Participating in the international TROPICO research consortium
- Preparing research publications, research reports and policy briefs
- An excellent university degree (Master or equivalent) in (Public) Management, Public Administration, Public Policy, Organization Studies, or a related field
- Knowledge and affinity to public administration in Europe and preferably in Germany
- Experience with empirical research, as evidenced by your master’s thesis, publications, research plans and other projects
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with experiences in writing research reports
- An excellent command of both English and German
A stimulating international and diverse environment in multiple areas of social science, high-quality teaching and public policy. The Hertie School is a vibrant academic community that emphasizes excellence in research and teaching as well as an interdisciplinary perspective. Our school has been certified as a family friendly work environment in higher education and an equal opportunity employer (www.hertie-school.org for further information).
Please send your complete application portfolio including a cover letter, CV, reference letter and writing samples.
To submit your application, please click here: Apply
For further questions please contact Gerhard Hammerschmid (Professor of Public and Financial Management). The deadline for full consideration is 25.11.2018. Strict confidentiality is assured.